Thursday, October 29, 2009


Can't believe the time is here, but I went to a Medicare Seminar today! I remember vividly when I worked at General Electric in Cleveland (at age 18) and got my first Explanation of Benefits for Retirement. They listed my retirement date as January 2010, and in 1963 I laughed my head off . . . 2010! . . . 2010! . . . ha ha ha . . .! How does that sneak up on you like that? Ah well, it happens to all of us sooner or later, doesn't it. AND, I'm grateful that Bob and I are as healthy as we are. We have friends who certainly aren't as lucky. So I count my blessings and enjoy this beautiful Fall day.

Oh, and I went to see This Is It today. Bob certainly had no interest in seeing it, but I have a soft spot for Michael and am glad I went. He was such a talented performer.

We had our first fire of the season in the fireplace last night! Wish we didn't have to go off Daylight Savings Time this weekend. I much prefer the light of day. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment