Here's the recipe if you're interested . . .
Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Fennel and Garlic Serves 4
12 garlic cloves, peeled
3 pounds fennel bulbs (3 to 4), fronds and stalks removed, bulbs cored and cut into eighths
6-8 small whole carrots, stalks trimmed to a stub (not shown in picture)
3T olive oil
Course salt and ground pepper
2 pork tenderloins (1 to 1-1/2 pounds each)
1/2 t dried oregano (I actually used Spice Islands Italian Herb Seasoning after first brushing the tenderloins with the oil and some Kitchen Bouquet for good color)

Preheat oven to 475. On a large rimmed baking sheet toss garlic, fennel, and 2 tablespoons of oil; season with salt and pepper; Roast 10 minutes.
Rub pork with remaining tablespoon oil and oregano (or the Italian Herb Seasoning and Kitchen Bouquet as noted above), plus salt and pepper. Remove baking sheet from oven and push fennel and garlic to sides of sheet. Place pork in center, add baby carrots alongside the existing vegetables, and roast about 25 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of tenderloin registers 145.
Transfer pork to a cutting board, and let rest at least 5 minutes before thinly slicing. Place sliced pork on platter with fennel, garlic and carrots. Pour any juices from pan on top before serving.
I served this with a very light salad and a small baked yam (done in the microwave.)
Linda, I copied the recipe, we love fennel. I ALWAYS try new recipes on friends... it is one way to find out who your foodie friends are!
ReplyDelete